Re: [desktop] Please read the vFolder spec [Was: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks]

<quote who="Marek Habersack"/>

> Jeff, while all you write above is true and the vFolder spec is the
> mechanism which will be used (as I gather), I thought this discussion was
> not about "how to do that technically" but "how to organize the layout". I
> doubt vFolder will automagically categorize applications, put them in the
> order we wish, add descriptions etc. etc.

With correctly written .desktop files, that's precisely what it does. :-)
I'm assuming that you'd want to stick with the current menu layout for
generated menu files (for e, WindowMaker, etc), but let the other systems
that actually implement the vFolder spec handle it themselves.

- Jeff

--
                              Perl - The Movie
                        Starring 'Weird' Al Yankovic