Re: gnome-games in experimental not working

Thanks for your quick response,

On dv, 2002-09-27 at 00:57, Christian Marillat wrote:
[...]
> In fact the postinst script should call gconftool-2 to install default
> configuration options

[...]

I've reinstalled and it still doesn't work. Should I get those settings
under /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps ? I don't see anything
gnome-games related. But gconf2 seems to work since I can change
settings in gnome-terminal for instance and it remembers them.
Installing gnome-games doesn't report any error either.

> > 	5.- High scores have a problem with accents. It seems that now they are
> > stored in UTF-8, but before I had them in ISO-8859-1, and I get
> > pango-related error messages.
>
> May be po files are brokens ?

I meant the names of the people that got the high scores (user filled);
not the translation of the dialog. My name is Josep Monés i Teixidor;
before transition to gnome-games 2 I could see my name correctly, now I
only see Josep Mon

I think the package should convert the high scores names from local
encoding to UTF-8 when installing.

I can't test anymore because unfortunately I've purged the package and
reinstalled again to test if it worked and all the high scores went
away.

Now the problem is that new high scores files do not belong to group
games and despite my user being from that group I can't read them (so,
the menu entry is grayed out).

> Can you file bug reports for that ?

Sure I can. I hope It's not something I did to my system.

> Christian

Josep