gnome2 and recurring gnome-settings-daemon startup error

Hi,

I am using gnome2 (please make the transition) and very happy with it.

I have a problem at startup. A dialog box described below started to
appears recently and I don't know how to get ride of it. Last time I got
it, I violently remove .gnome* and .gconf* directories and rebuilt my
config. I was installing linux on a new laptop so it was not a big deal,
seeing that the proble; is back again, I am looking for a better fix.

Error dialog box :

An error occured while loading or saving of configuration information
for gnome-settings-daemon. Some of your configuration settings may not
work properly.

And in the details part :

Type mismatch:
 Expected list of list, got list of list