Re: Gnome2 menus

The control center itself isn't really an application any more.  There
*is* a shell, but's discouraged.  You can get to the control center in
nautilus by accessing preferences://

The individual capplets should be in the panel menu as well (under
Desktop Preferences).

If you want to use the shell, you can call gnome-control-center
--use-shell (without the --use-shell, it just opens nautilus to the
correct location).

Also, the menu is broken if you have libgnomevfs2-common 2.0.4
installed.  If you can find a copy of libgnomevfs2-common 2.0.2-7.1, it
works.  Some people have said that removing
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info will fix the
problem, but it doesn't fix it completely that I can tell.