Re: GNOME2 installation completely hosed with this morning's apt-get update

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 07:13, Jeffrey Baker wrote:
> Nautilus shows nothing on my desktop.  When I run nautilus from a
> terminal, it says "/home/jwb is not a vlid location.  Please check

If you do a `ps ax`, it'll show Nautilus running though. But since the
whole gtk/png3 thing, I didn't have gnome for a while. I've finally got
it back up and running, and finding the same issues that you've listed
here.

> I do have a panel, with the window list, workspace switcher, volume
> control, clock, Applications menu, and Actions menu.

Yep. That's right. Furthermore, the gnome splash screen dumps heaps of
thing during load, without icons. It seems to be loading the
gnome-settings-daemon more than once, or at least pretending to.

\LaShI

--
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Sid) (ibook2,powerpc), kernel 2.4.19-benh-rc3xfs

<lashi@optusnet.com.au>
ICQ: 7181075
1874 5597 C754 5209 0A7D  4DA6 9112 5D0E CC1F 67BC