gnome-smproxy hang

Hi,

	I am using the gnome2 experimental packages.  I have a problem
where I log in gnome-smproxy takes forever doing something.  This is
when it is saying starting window manager but I dont think that has much
to do with it.  I have compiled entirely from cvs and everything is fine
but I want to use the packages not cvs.

	Also if I disable gnome-smproxy from starting it goes really
fast.  I figure this is a bad idea though.

	Any ideas I would GREATLY appreciate.  I have tried running
gnome-smproxy from the command line and dont seem to get any errors or
anything.

Thanks sooooo much.
Jonathan Taylor