gconf: logging in the system log

Hi all,

gconfd (used by galeon and some other gnome programs) writes to the
system log in the user language. With my default configuration messages
go to /var/log/messages, /var/log/syslog and /var/log/user.log

Should Debian allow user programs log in the system log?
I don't know why a user program want to log in the system log.

Should gconf log in language independent form (or English)?
The system administrator may not know the user's language.

Shouldn't gconf log in the system log?
It should log in a user log, but there is nothing implemented that I
know about.

        Eduardo