Re: strange debian behavior

If I understand correctly, the experiemental repository is set up to
have a lower priority then stuff from other distributions (sid for
example).

This can be changed (and I don't say fixed, because I assume there's a
reason this has been done this way), by putting the following in
/etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 1000