Re: Continuing Pango/FreeType Issues

Heya Jim,

Could point us to these backtraces/bug number. We don't have here enough
information to be able to help you.

Also, you should create these backtraces using the debug versions of the
library that debian provides (I'm thinking libglib2.0-dbg,
libpango1.0-dbg, libgtk2.0-dbg, and probably some others I forgot).

Having not looked at the backtraces, I do not know which part of the
software is actually responsible for this problem, but it might be
freetype not liking one of your font file, in which case, cutting down
the selection of fonts to known to work fonts (such as the MS web core
fonts), would be a good idea.

I'm pretty sure it's a poke in the water, until more information.

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 01:02, James M. Cape wrote:
> I would like to report that I am continuing to experience Pango/FreeType
> segfaults/trace/breakpoint/traps/whatevers with AA fonts in the GNOME 2
> tree from unstable & experimental. I am unsure of whether everything
> south of pango needs to be recompiled, though it would not suprise me,
> as recompiling metacity .
>
> I did/do have some old libraries which I installed from CVS in a
> different prefix which I was using prior to switching to the "official"
> packages, but pango & gtk+ are not among these, and this alternate
> prefix is no longer in my library path at all, so I don't believe this
> is the issue...

Just a thought, are the programs you're running from debian packages, or
do you have some old version of the programs ? There were 2 known binary
breakage in the past weeks: freetype and libbonobo* (not sure which
one).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera