Re: esound 0.2.27 feedback

Christian,
    I'm not using the 0.2.27-0.0.1 packages but the stock
esound 0.2.27 tarball in combination with the debian
directory from 0.2.23-3 (but no additional patches) builds
a flawless esound package on debian ppc sid. The alsa support
works fine. Do we have any idea why debian is using any
of those patches in the 0.2.23-3 diff? I would be tempted
to only add those patches back in as absolutely necessary.
For example, on my debian ppc sid box I have always had
problems using mozilla with esddsp in /etc/mozilla/mozillarc
under esound 0.2.23-3. However with 0.2.27 without the
debian patches I never have mozilla fail to startup with
esddsp invoked.
                             Jack