Re: Gnome 2 summary 08/06/2002

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 01:35:44AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> |g1|o|gdm2                |2.3.90.6 |2.2.5.4 |147637                        |

Is anybody actually even working on this?  Ryan?  Someone else?

If not, I'm willing to package it for experimental.  As with other similar
offers I've made recently, I don't want to maintain the package long-term
but am quite happy to get the thing built, debugged, and running sanely.

I forget offhand if gdm uses DBS or similar madness, but unless the
package scripts are not beyond my patience to use, I have no problem
making the gdm2 package as similar as possible (some of the scripts
Christian was using for a time were positively infuriating, if distant
memories serve..)  Otherwise I can build the package from scratch using
whatever mechanism is deemed most appropriate.

gdn basucakky sucks.  Gnome people have been preaching the goodness of
gdm2 and the evil of gdm for ages now.  I've seen it, and it _looks_ good.
I'm itching to see if it's got more than looks going for it.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>         <-- That boy needs therapy

* cesarb wonders if in less than a week Carmack will end up receiving in
  e-mail a courtesy copy of a version of the Quake source which is four
  times faster than what went out of his virtual hands...