Re: oaf/orb is being rather screwy... evolution/nautilus troubles

in more attempted testing since my last post, i've come across the following
nautilus error printed out to terminal:

** WARNING **: Throbber Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA exception id:
'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0''

and the following popping up as error messages in nautilus itself:

Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error from OAF when attepting
to register the file manager view server.

The icons view encountered an error when starting up