Re: galeon build problems on ia64

> i.e. you're not actually passing CC and CXX through to the configure
> script :)
>
> Also have a look at the autoconf changes I suggested - at the very least
> the change before the test for string headers is needed for it to build
> properly, and the other two are probably worthwhile for good measure.

Sorry, the file i uploaded was outdated. It was a first try at fixing
this myself; i hadn't read your mail by then.
Since then i've been trying to find a hack to solve the "touch" issue.

The hack i've found is online now, but it's ugly. :-(
I've tried to document it in README.Debian.

Greetings,
Erich