Re: galeon needs to get into woody

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:28:36PM +1100, Matt Chapman wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 12:52:16AM -0800, Ryan Murray wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 04:56:28PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > Since aj has said we're going to be releasing soon, please, let's do
> > > everything we can to get galeon into woody.  At this point, I think this
> > > means no more uploads of galeon and its dependencies for 8 days.
> >
> > It means someone needs to resolve the ia64 build failure -- no symbols
> > from the mozilla libs appear to exist.  I'm not sure if anyone is working
> > on this as of yet....
>
> This is because the mozilla libraries are built with g++-3.0 on IA64, and
> the g++ name mangling has changed in version 3.  Here's a patch which
> likewise uses g++-3.0 for galeon on IA64.

Thanks for spotting the (rather obvious) problem.  Hopefully we can get
a new galeon uploaded that should solve the problem...

> (N.B. I've modified configure as well as configure.in since the configure
> script is from upstream and there is some pre-existing autoconf brokenness
> with the package.  touch configure; touch aclocal.m4 is necessary after
> applying to prevent stuff getting rebuilt.)

Then this touch should happen in debian/rules -- don't rely on patch to get
that right.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.