Re: Gnome 2 summary 20/01/2002 (2)

>> "DP" == Davide Puricelli <evo@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 06:38:34PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> Hi again,

> [snip]

>> eog-0.109.1                     0.6.6 Bug "Please consider to package eog 2"
> ^^^^

> Before starting packaging it, I'd like to receive some info:

> 1)Should I call it eog2 and keep eog package or just go ahead with eog
> package?

Should be called eog2, and don't forget to rename the tarball too.

> 2)What I need now to compile my gnome packages? I mean, what new
> packages should I install?

Try a debuild :-)

We have the following package :

libart-2.0-dev
libgnome2-dev
libgnomeui-dev
libglade2-dev
libgnomeprint2-dev
libgnomeprintui-dev
libgnomevfs2-dev

I'll add a task for Gnome 2 devel in the tasksel package this week.

> 3)Can I upload to unstable or experimental is better?

experimental is better, we will move all the Gnome 2 package in sid
later (ie: when Gnome 2 will be more stable).

Christian