Re: GNOME 2.0 Alpha released

>> "JW" == Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> <quote who="Rob Bradford">

[...]

>> GNOME 1.4 and 2 can live side by side for say developers, but end users
>> will probably not want to have to deal with the headache.

> Some/most applications will *not* parallel install; I really didn't make
> that clear in the release notes at all (I was referring just to the
> developer platform at that stage).

> I don't recommend providing gnome2 desktop packages unless we have some
> funky, /opt-gross-out install location. ;)

For now we will not release gnome 2 desktop packages. Woody will be
released soon, and we don't want to broke our long awaited woody :-)

>> Some questions:
>>
>> * What packages still need to be created?
>> * Which are just waiting for other uploads?
>>
>> Is anyone actually co-ordinating this?

> I haven't really seen anyone taking a leadership role in GNOME packaging for
> Debian - I think it would be a welcome change. I'm happy to pop my head in
> with info, and to answer questions and the like, but having someone as the
> 'figure-head' for Debian's GNOME would be great.

> Who's up for it? :)

I can do that.

For now we have the following missing packages :

libbonoboui     Should be packaged by Takuo Kitame
libgnomeui      Depends on libbonoboui
libgnomeprintui Depends on libgnomeui

Christian