Re: no metapackage for gnome

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:53:40PM -0500, James LewisMoss wrote:

> I'm willing to maintain this package.  Anyone have suggestions for
> things that should be included?  Here's my list:

> gnome-utils
> gnome-games
> evolution
> sawfish-gnome
> gnumeric
> gnucash
> gedit
> nautilus
> mrproject
> gimp
> pan
> galeon
> gftp
> xchat-gnome
> balsa
> gnome-admin

I'd say that gnome-terminal seems like an obvious one to add here.

Having both balsa and evolution seems redundant.  However, since
evolution seems to still be in non-US purgatory, perhaps something
like: "evolution | balsa" might be good (in case evolution doesn't end
up on the release CDs).

> Maybe:
> gnome-pim

I would think so, although I'm not sure how much evolution fulfils the
same functionality.  Perhaps we need "evolution | (balsa, gnome-pim)".

> gnome-net

You mean gnome-network?  Probably.

> And I know there are some more games and apps that should probably be
> included.

Be nice to have at least one word processor on the list -- maybe
abiword?

I'd also recommend having gnome-media.

Maybe glade, although it is more of a developer's tool.

And probably some documentation packages (not sure exactly which).
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single