Re: Gnome install

>> "LJ" == Laurent Jacques <ljacques@fyma.ucl.ac.be> writes:

> On Friday 30 November 2001 23:26, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> Do you have xfstt installed ? If yes this is a bug in this package. The
>> solution: "dpkg -P xfstt"

> No, I don't. I'm using xfs

I've already seen this sort of bug with sawfish related to
fonts. Another track I've seen corrupted true type fonts.

>> Maybe a bug in gmc ? (I don't use gmc)

> What do you use instead ?

Nothing :-)

But gmc isn't the official file manager/desktop for gnome. Nautilus is
the new file manager/secktop, but he is more big and more slow.

>> You can use the gnome control center to configure all yours gnome options.

> Yes you're right. But what it astonishes me is the fact that under RedHat
> (Suse, Mandrake, ...) gnome is already configured even if it is not the best
> look.

This depends how you have done your installation. If you are installing
Debian from a console, the first time you run gnome, gmc is here.

Christian