re: next release (& bug in gdm)

Having good results with my own Progeny -> Woody.

The update from a X11/GDM/gnome-enabled Progeny left me with too many minor issues, so I repartitioned/formatted from a CDboot 'linux secondstage=text', or whatever it was ;-), and added X11/gnome/&c to get me here, which is a pretty good place to be!.

Finally got a new kernel compiled.

Have some issues with character corruption on the console after X initialization (keymap confusion?), but most everything seems to work well.

For Mozilla, try:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/non-us/

0.9.5 and 0.9.6 are there, as are just the -browser (with/without XML support), -mailnews, &c. 0.9.5 is a <i>little</i> sluggish to load on my P233-MMX, but functions very well.

ah