Re: task package ?

Bo Lorentsen <bl@netgroup.dk> writes:

> it looks very promissing (even thar screensaver is able to do DPMI
> again), but I really miss some kind of gnome task files.

The New Way is to use "tasksel", although be warned it seems to have
only gotten reliable fairly recently (at least for me).

> If this is not the recommended way of dooing this (using task files
> that is), then how does one start from scrach, or even better
> overwrite all ximian packages while updating from potato ?

I don't know how much luck you're going to have trying to overwrite
Ximian GNOME.  If I were you I'd just do a combination of "dpkg -l |
grep ximian" and "apt-get remove foo".