task package ?

Hi ...

I have tryed to use the Gnome packages in Woody disk (two week ago), and
it looks very promissing (even thar screensaver is able to do DPMI
again), but I really miss some kind of gnome task files.
If this is not the recommended way of dooing this (using task files that
is), then how does one start from scrach, or even better overwrite all
ximian packages while updating from potato ?

It would be nice with a fast kickof for gnome, as this could convince
some people, that debian is not the stoneage systm that they think :-)

Hope this is not the wrong forum for this kind of answer.

/BL