Re: gnome-admin and gnome-utils in testing do conflict

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 09:51:13AM +0200, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Hello,

> as was noted before the gnome-admin and gnome-utils packages in
> testing conflict.

Why do they conflict?  If there's simply an overlap of files between
the packages, then the Replaces alone should be sufficient to resolve
the problem.

> But now I got bug #94683 (severity grave) for this
> problem.  I'm not sure what to do with this bug.
> Options are:

4) Remove the Conflicts: gnome-admin (<= 1.0.3-2) while keeping the
Replaces: gnome-admin (<= 1.0.3-2)

I don't know if that's the right answer (there may be details I'm
missing), but from a superficial glance at the situation, it certainly
looks like a possibility.

Remember, the issue really isn't the internal integrity of our
archives so much as it is the integrity of end-users' systems.  If
someone has gnome-admin from frozen, and doesn't want to upgrade it
for some reason, they should be allowed to do that unless it'll break
things.  Replaces with no Conflicts is designed for that sort of
situation.
--
Chris Waters      |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org  |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single