Re: gnome-admin and gnome-utils in testing do conflict

 Jochen> Hello, as was noted before the gnome-admin and gnome-utils
 Jochen> packages in testing conflict.  The reason is, that the
 Jochen> /usr/bin/logview program moved from gnome-admin to
 Jochen> gnome-utils and testing contains a version of admin from
 Jochen> before the move and a version of utils from after the move.
 Jochen> Bad :-(

 Jochen> I hoped the problem would disappear as time goes by, as the
 Jochen> mismatch will go away when the new version of gnome-admin
 Jochen> enters testing.

 Jochen> But now I got bug #94683 (severity grave) for this problem.
 Jochen> I'm not sure what to do with this bug.  Options are:

 Jochen> 1) leave it open until the new gnome-admin goes in.
 Jochen> I don't like this, because it's a RC bug.

 Jochen> 2) close the bug immediately because it is "fixed"
 Jochen> in testing.

 Jochen> 3) reassign it to gnome-admin, because gnome-admin will
 Jochen> change and not gnome-utils.

 Jochen> What do you think?

Maybe better to
4) Ask for the removal of gnome-admin from the archive and have
   gnome-utils Replace and Conflict with gnome-admin.  gnome-admin
   doesn't seem to be in Gnome 1.4 and it hasn't been upgraded from
   1.0.3 (which is why I'd guess they moved some useful things to
   gnome-utils).

Actually unless anyone objects I'm going to file a bug with
ftp.debian.org to have gnome-admin removed.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!