Re: Gnome mini-freeze...

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 11:27:50AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> It looks like GNOME 1.4 is just about able to go into woody (testing,
> rather than sid/unstable), which would be nice. It's a pretty convoluted
> mess, though, so it'd probably be helpful if we had a "mini-freeze" about
> it, so for the next week or so if you could limit yourself to only fixing
> RC bugs in GNOME packages, that'd probably be helpful.

Okay, so *most* stuff has gone in now. I was fairly forceful, and ended
up ignoring a number of "doesn't build" type RC bugs, a fair amount
of "but that package was only uploaded X days ago", and I let a few
things break (the task-gnome- packages, and gnumeric and gnucash on
some architectures), and it looks like the gnome-admin in testing now
conflicts with the gnome-utils in testing, but otherwise things seem
reasonably respectable.

Hopefully, everything else should just go in when it's ready according to
the automated scripts without any extra attention. The more attention you
can pay to getting stuff building everywhere automatically, the better,
I guess... Otherwise, things look great. Let me know if there's anything
that desperately needs fixing that testing's not handling automatically.

Now to see if we can get KDE in too...

Cheers,
aj