Re: GNOME 1.4 Status

The maintainers of gtop and python-gnome have spoken up and said
that they will upload new versions, so i'll leave them alone.
bug-buddy appears to be under control as well, but i'm not sure
yet. I'll post its status soon.

Furthermore, Martin Bialasinski has given me the task-gnome-*
packages. I will roll new meta-packages along the lines i
mentioned in my original message and post them here for comments
before uploading. I will then ask that task-gnome-* be removed
from the archive. I could really use suggestions for what to call
the gnome-games and gnome-network meta-packages, since there are
already packages with those names.

gnome-user-docs appears to be replacng one of Martin's packages
(gnome-user-guide-*) so i've asked him if he wants it. Otherwise,
i'll take it.

I'll now be posting ITPs of ghex and panelmm and preparing NMUs
of gnome-gv and imlib. I won't upload the NMUs unless i haven't
heard from the maintainers by Wednesday.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr.
mailto:epg@pobox.com <*> jabber:pretzelgod@jabber.org

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by
 those who have not got it."
 --George Bernard Shaw