Re: Gnome mini-freeze...

AT> Hi guys,

Hi,

AT> It looks like GNOME 1.4 is just about able to go into woody (testing,
AT> rather than sid/unstable), which would be nice. It's a pretty convoluted
AT> mess, though, so it'd probably be helpful if we had a "mini-freeze" about
AT> it, so for the next week or so if you could limit yourself to only fixing
AT> RC bugs in GNOME packages, that'd probably be helpful.

Now, we have a problem with the latest gettext. Package who need to run
autogen.sh doesn't work (like gnome-core) with xml-i18n-tools.

I filled a bug against xml-i18n-tools, but the problem is more complex.

xml-i18n-tools apply a patch against po/Makefile.in.in and this patch only
work with gettext 0.10.35 We can rewrite this patch against 0.10.36, but in
that case all Gnome package who use xml-i18n-tools need to run gettextize.

I've read the latest "Minutes of the GNOME Advisory Board Meeting" and I
see:

    Main problem in 1.4 is I18N support, and cannot be done in a binary
    compatible fashion.
    Having an 1.4.1 release is planned but not firmly, and a-priori only
    a bug fix.

Another problem with gettext is a lot of po file doesn't work anymore.

Any clue ?

Christian