Something broke gnome between 2001/03/04 and 2001/03/09

This is sent as a warning :

I follow unstable and more-or-less roiutinely do apt-ger dist-upgrade. I have
had a few troubles, but nothing hard (except for the damn perl-debconf gotcha
...).

I dist-upgraded my home system this morning and saw the gnome tasklist
disappear from my panels. Trying to reinstall it *crashes* the panel (big ugly
"Gonome-panel has chashed" msg box). The last dist-upgrade was mage about
Monday morning with no problems.

I am unable to determine what has happened. However, the time bracket may help
to pinpoint the problem ...

1) This ansence of tasklist is an EPITA ... Makes Gnome hard to work with.
You'd better tut gnome and related components on hold ...

2) Should I submit a formal bug-report ?

Sincerely yours,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier