Imlib 2 packages

Hi,

I just noticed that the Imlib 2 debs have been created.  Considering
that I am the Imlib 1 package maintainer, is there some reason why I
wasn't I wasn't given the courtesy of packaging them?  I just wasted
my time creating a bunch of Imlib 2 packages that I now won't bother
uploading since someone already did.

Am I missing something here?  Does a major upstream release
automatically put the package up of for grabs, without regard for the
previous release's package maintainer?  Sorry, I'm big on courtesy, so
I'm just slightly annoyed.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <ossama@ece.uci.edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Univ. of California at Irvine