Re: (Beware helix packages) Re: [CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 02:56:20PM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > Removing an unnecessary fork and killing off all the pain that it's
> > already causing is much more important than fixing every bug right now.
>
> Hmmm. This fork features much better software than the Debian version.
> With a little effort, helix people can fix the dependencies (by
> copying things from debian ones, etc as you say), and be the official gnome
> maintainers. They don't seem to be trying to introduce incompatibilites
> to ensure corporate future. I'm confident that they're just trying
> to deliver a good piece of free software.

Perhaps the existing Gnome maintainers interested could help by working on
the packages in CVS?  This takes some load off of Peter who is currently
trying to do the whole Debianization process as well as upstream work
himself and helps to guarantee that the packages are getting the attention
of people who (hopefully) have experience dealing with the Debian
packages and those people could upload the Helix packages to Debian since
frankly by comparison the Debian packages are usually outdated and buggy.

Perhaps that is too much of a simple and logical solution.

A friend of mine has a barcode on his arm.
He rings up as a $.35 pack of JuicyFruit.
        -- Seen on Slashdot