Re: I have no time

Le Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 09:42:59PM -0400, Paul D. Smith écrivait:
> Why?  Why force things?  They've been doing a great job, everyone
> agrees, so why do something that could well be considered fairly rude?

How long do you want to wait ? It's more than 2 month from now that the
1.2 packages have been out .. I think it's quite enough to make a decision
about uploading packages to Debian...

However I'm willing to be patient if someone can explain me why I need to
be patient.

And i'm quite embarrassed with that situation since I can't compile any
Gnome packages here since they would have a bad dependency on the helix
packages ...

> Why give anyone an excuse to get their dander up?  Is there a rush for
> this for some reason?  We're talking about Woody packages, aren't we?

Yes we are but that's not a reason for waiting. We're looking for shorter
release cycle aren't we ? ;-)

> (it's just rumor after all; last time Peter posted here he implied

Rumor ? Peter told it too me ... it's not a slashdot poll or whatever...

> Debian was getting more and more popular at Helix, with developers

Debian may well get popular, but Helix also wants to make money and maybe
(and that's only supposition) including their packages in Debian wouldn't
serve their needs since they want to make money (in part) by selling CDs set.

> Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Mee too.

Cheers,
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com