Re: Debian and GNOME, partnership with Helixcode?

* "Miguel" == Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com> wrote:

>> The Debian packages, however, are *not* found in the GNOME ftp
>> site. Why aren't they included and mirrored?

Miguel> Because nobody did contribute them.  Every binary on the site
Miguel> was contributed by someone.

They could be mirrored from ftp.debian.org, but to me, it doesn't make
much sense.

If you (preferably) make the dir on ftp.gnome.org aptable, the user
has to put a line for a regular ftp.debian.org mirror into his apt
sources.list nevertheless, so that when he installs a GNOME package,
the needed libs get pulled from the Debian mirror automatically.

But then, he could also fetch the GNOME packages from the Debian
mirror right away.

So a note that GNOME packages are available from the regular Debian
mirrors would be sufficient, no?

Ciao,
        Martin

PS: Reply-to is set to debian-gtk-gnome