Re: ITP: GOB [Was: Re: GOB package?]

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 04:26:37PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 09:38:50AM -0500, Peter Teichman wrote:
>
> > A quick search through debian-devel and wnpp yields no ITP for
>
> Indeed.  I'd been wondering if it were packaged under an unusual name or
> something.
>
> > gob.. Maybe someone would like to pick it up?
>
> I'll do it myself if nobody else has a burning desire to, although quite
> probably on the basis that anyone else who wants to take it is welcome
> to.
>
> >From the web page (http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html):
>
>   GOB is a preprocessor for making GTK+ objects with inline C code so
>   that generated files are not editted. Syntax is inspired
>   by java and yacc or lex. The implementation is intentionaly kept simple,
>   and no C actual code parsing is done.
>
> The license is GPL.

This would be mildy convenient for me, since the next major release of
balsa may require, or simply prefer, GOB, to build.

[*sigh* why not just blasted use C++]

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable