Re: Debian and GNOME, partnership with Helixcode?

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:25:32AM -0800, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:
>
> > 1.- what is the current status of GNOME in Debian? I checked in
> > packages.debian.org/gnome and:
> > 	debian-frozen		helix
> > gimp	1.0.2		1.1.7
> >
> > 	I have not checked development libraries, and the results might be
> > wrong... Mos of the packages are up to date with the GNOME versions, worthy
> > of note on the other side, however, are gimp and gnome-core.
>
> Actually, Debian has a package gimp1.1, which is currently
> gimp-1.1.17, which is on the unstable branch.  This is in addition to
> the stable release available in gimp-1.0.2.

	Please note the list is from looking in frozen, not in unstable.
I do not imply that the gimp maintainer is not doing a good job,  I just
note the differences on what *we* consider stable and what *they* consider
stable.

> Depending upon your preferences, you can take a chance with a the
> unstable version of gimp (which actually seems to work quite well), or
> with the officially stable version of gimp.  Yet another advantage of
> Debian.

	I am aware of this and many others... that's why Im a developer and
contribute :)

	Best regards

	Javi