Re: Debian and GNOME, partnership with Helixcode?

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 11:33:12AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
> > 	I assisted today to a conference by Miguel de Icaza here in Madrid,
> > it seems he is running a new business namde Helixcode
> > (http://www.helixcode.com) which will be working for GNOME. In the
> > conference he said that the GNOME developers do not want to make debian
> > packages because "they are too difficult". But he also did not understand
> > why distributions carry out old version of GNOME.
>
> Miguel seems a bit out of touch with the reality of making a
> distribution, I've talked with him about that before..
>
> Wichert.

	I had the same impression exactly. I have talked enough to hackers
that want to have the "latest" available versions whether tested or not just
for the fun to play with them. They also tend to think that the time to
test+create cd's+distribute_wordlwide = 0 :)
	BTW I think Debian is currently doing a good job here with it's unstable
distribution.

	Javi