Re: GNOME CVS

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 03:27:38AM +0900, Takuo KITAME wrote:
> Does anyone working CVS version gnome debianize?
> I want to use CVS version GNOME as deb.
> I'm GNOME application developer, and want to use Bonobo or so.

I don't have packages, but I do sometimes make my own, which usually
takes about ten minutes:

- run ./autogen.sh
- do a "make dist". this should give you a tar file with a version
  number
- unpack the tarfile somewhere
- run dh_make
- add "--sysconfdir=/etc" to the configure step and
  "sysconfdir=`pwd`/debian/tmp/etc" to the make install step
- do "fakeroot debian/rules binary"

Works for most autoconf based packages. Sometimes the "make dist" target
is not up to date and it doesn't work or you miss some files. Then you
can always copy the cvs tree to a name with a version number in it.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed