Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:24:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Chris Rogers <gandalf@darkcorner.net>
To: Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
Cc: Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: [gautier@email.enst.fr: Bug #50399 (was: Re: Release-critical
 Bugreport for November 26, 1999)]

> It's in the function DoScan in smbwrap.c in the while loop from line 715
> to line 813. At this point the samba scan is done, and i think this loop
> is meant to prepare the gtk tree structure. Each time this loop is executed
I can probably clean this up some, but it will still require some calls to
a set style function.  And in my opinion I should be able to call
gtk_ctree_node_set_cell_style without any fear, I would definelty not call
it a bug in gnomba :)  Do any other programs trigger this?

> my XFREE_SVGA eat approximately 3 more Megs. In fact, each call to
> the gtk_ctree_node_set_cell_style function cost 1 Meg.
>
> So this may be a gtk/gdk/glib bug but i'm definitely not a gtk guru...

I would argue that this is either a bug in either gtk or X, but probably
caused by some odd interaction between the two. I have never seen nor
heard of this behaviour anywhere else, I would think if it was a common
thing I would hear about it more often (since i hear about a lot of other
common bugs :)

Has anyone forwarded this to the gtk+ guys?  I'm not exactly a gtk expert
myself.

I'll try and take a look at it tonight, then again I said that yesterday,
so no promises as to when I will get a chance to look at it.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf@darkcorner.net  gandalf@pobox.com

An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
A pessimist is sure of it!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>  First year Computer Science, RMIT

       Key ID:         Fingerprint:
GnuPG  1024D/DE3E8AA7  6ABC 91A9 E274 ED67 0E32 8F0F 5DFA 9391 DE3E 8AA7