[Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>] Re: GNOME 1.0.50 packages (fwd)

Does anyone know what packages have AWOL maintainers but nobody
looking out for them?

Mike.
--- Begin Message ---
On 28 Sep 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> > I noticed you did the 1.0.40 packages - are you going to be around this
> > week to package up 1.0.50?
>
> Sure.  I'm mostly dealing with gnome-libs, though as I have time I try
> to keep on top of the others, and I'm certainly willing to act as a
> point of contact with the other Debian people.

As long as they all get done in time, I don't care how you do it. :)

> > I can get you the final 1.0.50 tarballs once they're made (hopefully
> > by tomorrow at latest).
>
> If you just want to give me a heads up, I can grab them myself, or you
> can email them.  I'm very flexible.

We are starting to collect tarballs in
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-1.0.50pre/ - just go at them.

We will be overwriting tarballs in there if any urgent bug fixes come in.
I gather this is rather hard with .deb's, but make sure you know the
timestamps on the tarballs you get, so you can always ensure you have the
latest.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.

--- End Message ---