library package policy for small gnome packages

Hi,

I'm going to take over gnome-print from Vincent and I was wondering
whether to convert it into a proper libgnomeprint2 and -dev package. The
package is quite small.

The same question will come up for bonobo, gdome, gdk-pixbuf and
probably lots of others once they mature.

Related to this: if I do split it, should I make a versioned -dev
package or just one "current" development package?

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed