Re: GNOME package(r)s?

On 23 Sep 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Can you qualify "soon"? Is it the "soon" we use when asked about the
> next Debian release ;), or rather a realistic soon?

Most likely tomorrow unless we encounter problems.
ftp.gnome.org:/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-1.0.40 are the test tarballs, or at
least most of them. They shouldn't change much.

If you happen to find bad bugs in this package set before release,
_please_ send them to bugs.gnome.org with Severity: Grave.

> Indeed. How does GNOME handle the release? Call a freeze, build and
> sync all packages and then announce? The sooner we can get our hands
> on the tarballs the better.

We are near the end of the freeze, the prerelease tarballs are being
mustered.

Havoc