Re: Updated status of GNOME in potato

Le Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 04:11:58PM -0700, Chris Waters écrivait:
> > Finally, I'm *not* proposing some dumbass rush to do a shit job just
> > to say we did it.
>
> Funny, that looks like EXACTLY what you're doing!

Please can you stop this thread NOW ? Instead of complaining about our way
of doing you should better work on enhancing (your) packages ... did you
count the number of bugs I closed with the latest upload of gnome-core ?
How do you know that we're doing shit job when we're doing it fast ? I
rarely do shit job when I do NMU since I don't want that the maintainer
can complain about my NMU.

Period.

> If you NMU my WORKING packages before *I'm* satisfied that the new
> version is ready, I will simply re-upload the old version, with an
> epoch if necessary.  Because *I* feel some responsibility to our users
> to make sure that we have solid, reliable software for them.

If someone do a NMU he must :
- either have you acknowledglent
- or know that you're out of touch

And generally (and in Gnome 1.0.50 in particular) newer version fixes
many bugs so the newest version is certainly not worst than the previous.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>