Re: Updated status of GNOME in potato

Vincent Renardias <vincent@ldsol.com> writes:

> I updated my list considering the content of Incoming/, the new
> requirements from the GNOME prerelease:
> gnome-objc-1.0.40.tar.gz	Objective C language bindings
> 	* 1.0.2-2

Mine, and I'm on it.

But I'm very curious about one thing:  what is it, again, that we're
doing about this whole mad concept of the upstream folks releasing new
archives without changing the names?  My inclination is to wait until
they're done with such nonsense, but I get the feeling that my view is
*not* shared.

Are we really crazy/stupid/fill-in-adjective enough to try to track
these tarballs by *time stamp*?  I'd rather do my own dentistry! :-)

And if we are crazy/whatever enough, can some one fill me in on the
details of how this madness is supposed to work?  If I create
gnome-foo-1.0.40-1, and then there's suddenly a new
gnome-foo-1.0.40.orig, what exactly should I do?  (I assume that "kill
someone" is not the recommended answer, although it's the one that
tempts me.:-)

cheers