Re: CVS debian build scripts

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 12:46:12PM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> Well, I suspect you won't be particularly interested then. What I'm doing is
> building some of the as yet unreleased GNOME tools like Gill (The GNOME
> Illustrator), etc. I'm still using .debs of the official releases of the
> core gnome stuff (gnome-core, gnome-libs, etc).

I'm doing that as well. It's usually about 5 minutes work: dh_make, add
--sysconfdir=/etc and something similar to the configure and install
lines in the rules file and off you go.

The current potato packages are new enough to compile bonobo, gill, eog,
gdk-pixbuf. The people on this list are cranking out new versions faster
than I can compile them at home.

> Well, I'm a reformed perl monger - 2 years of hacking perl only to realise
> that I now had an enourmous amount of unmaintainable code that was in place.

You don't suppose that the chance to start over after two years is what
actually makes the difference here?

We've got more than two years of perl code here and it's still as
maintainable as we made it.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed