Re: Need 1.0.16 libs?

>>>>> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:43:13 +0200, Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> said:

 Raphael> Le Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 12:50:03AM -0400, Paul D. Smith
 Raphael> écrivait:
 >> Forgive me if this is a stupid question... after a long hiatus
 >> I've just tried updating my GNOME packages, and I'm getting weird
 >> problems.
 >>
 >> All the latest GNOME apps, like gnome-core and gnome-panel, seem
 >> to require library versions that don't exist in the unstable dist
 >> anywhere that I can find.  They want things like libgnome32
 >> 1.0.16-0.1 and libart2 1.0.16-0.1, but the latest I can find is
 >> 1.0.10-3.
 >>
 >> What am I missing?  Do I need some special sources.list line?

 Raphael> Your mirror is out of date. The gnome libraries do exist in
 Raphael> version 1.0.16-0.1. But gnome-utils and gnome-media have
 Raphael> been compiled with gnome-libs 1.0.40 which is in Incoming
 Raphael> (and this is bad since they are not usable until gnome-libs
 Raphael> has been installed).

Ya well, I goofed.  I figured same packages.  Should be installed the
same time as utils and media are tomorrow.  Why are they sitting there
anyway when they clearly replace existing packages?

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@ioa.com>         |  Blessed Be!
@    http://www.ioa.com/~dres           |  Linux is kewl!