Re: library package policy for small gnome packages

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Bart Schuller wrote:

> I'm going to take over gnome-print from Vincent and I was wondering
> whether to convert it into a proper libgnomeprint2 and -dev package. The
> package is quite small.

BTW, please start from the gnome-print_0.7-2 I uploaded to Incoming/ this
morning as this version fixes all the outstanding bugs reported against
it. (I don't like to give away a buggy package, now I feel better ;)
Also, you indeed probably should split it in several packages (Yes, I
should have done so myself ;).

I'd say 4 packages:
libgnomeprint2		Arch: any
gnome-print-dev		Arch: any
gnome-print-fonts	Arch: all

> Related to this: if I do split it, should I make a versioned -dev
> package or just one "current" development package?

-dev packages usually don't need to be versionned.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org        Executive Linux: -