Gnome panel not working on my (potato) system.

Gnome was working ok.  Panel was really nice.  I don't know where along the
line during my upgrades panel started not working right.  It used to at
least start up.  NOw it doesn't even start up.  I am including the error
messages I get, below.  I suspect a library problem but the number of
packages involved in installing gnome is daunting.  (I used apt to install,
upgrade).

The following includes the errors when I tried to start panel three
consecutive times:.

  ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

  aborting...

  Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x3400016 unexpectedly destroyed

  Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x3400005 unexpectedly destroyed

  Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

   aborting...

  Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

  aborting...

  Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

	aborting...

Thank you for any suggestions.  I'd like to be able to use gnome.

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis