Panel aplet <-> setings conflict?

I have no ide where this bug are or if it is known (or if it is
a bug all togheter). However:

This does not bug me much but i feel I must report it someware...

When i chose setings->desktop->screensaver or backgrond (it's
the only one I tryed) some aplets die in my panel in an
psedorandom way. CpuLoad, MemLoad, SwapLoad and disc usage
is the ones most eager to die... Mini-comander and
GnomeICU do survive...

Well, Just tryed again. CPUload applet *and my vanilla xconsol*
died (!). Sems like apps that opening files allot is the ones
who dies (but only when chosing setings!) regardles if they are
gnome apps or not! Bit more anoying now...

I did started the panel from gnome-run, is there anywhere I
can find error/warning/trace output?

My system is upp to date with Slink stagingarea (at debian.org
- not gnome.org). My system works fine elsehowe - gnome included.
But do not have any sound....

HTH and fel free to ask questions.

Thanks /Lars