Re: announcements on www.gnome.org

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 11:21:26PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> Damn, who put that announcement on gnome.org? It is not ready, and
> maybe subject still subject to change. The release notes are not in
> place, a announcement has not be written, it is not clear how it will
> be distributed by debian etc.

I made it: we need to get more visibilty for the slink packages.
The packages are almost done (for i386, anyway, other arches need to
fire up the autobuilders).
Maybe it was a bit premature, but I don't think we should delay
this even more. What does subject to change means?
I uploaded updated gtk packages today, so what? That will happen
anyway anytime.
How debian manages to include or not the slink packages somewhere in
ftp.debian.org is not of concern here.
I agree that someone more fluent in english can write some release
notes or whatever, but we must get the word out.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules