Re: GNOME packages for Debian slink - upload to gnome.org

Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> [ Please distribute this to the proper people and keep debian-gtk-gnome
> in the Cc: ]
>
> Hi,
>
> we at Debian are currently doing massiv recompiles to sync the slink
> GNOME packages to the versions available in potato. I expect things to
> be finished, tested and settled down in a week.
>
> Therefore, I want to arrange things, so that the right info is added to
> the gnome webpages at time.
>
> Do you want to distribute only the binary packages, or the source
> packages as well?

I think we should distribute both source and binary packages so people can
recompile them if they want.

> As making the archive apt-able is the preferred solution, we have to
> think about the ftp.gnome.org mirrors. If you have a list of mirrors
> with directory locations of the archive, a php3 snipplet could
> construct the proper sources.list line for each mirror for the
> webpage.

This is no problem. We have a mysql database with all the mirrors and their
directories and the php3 code can access that database.

> How about the info pages on the webside. Any specific demands on
> layout, contents, structure, whatever? How will the info be updated
> when needed?

Just choose any layout you like - the SuSE page for instance has also its own
layout.

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org