Re: Package dependencies on protobuf libraries

On Fri, 2024-02-16 at 19:25 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> This seems like the same issue: some other package was demanding
> golang-goprotobuf-1-5-dev but the packages above cannot be installed.
>
> Could you add golang-github-google-cel-go-dev and
> golang-google-genproto-dev to your list of packages to fix in the same
> way?

  golang-github-google-cel-go-dev is going to require some additional
attention, as it's been stuck migrating to testing for quite some time.
Looks like an issue with the 32bit architectures, so I'd bet some
values need to be explicitly cast to int64, or variable types updated
from int to int64, etc. Maybe it's been fixed in the current upstream
version.

  It looks like you pulled the version of golang-google-genproto-dev
from experimental -- the version in unstable looks like its Depends
should satisfy either version of the protobuf dev package.

Mathias