golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp

Tom Parkin <tparkin@katalix.com> writes:

> On  Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 18:05:23 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Tom Parkin <tparkin@katalix.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Simon,

>> > This test is failing to send a packet over an IPv6 L2TPIP socket: it
>> > will depend on the go runtime support for L2TPIP (which has been in
>> > for ages), and also the kernel having the l2tp_ipv6 driver loaded.
>> >
>> > I'd sort of expect to see messages along those lines when trying to
>> > open the socket, though, rather than tx/rx failing :-/
>> >
>> > I'm not at all familiar with the environment of the Salsa test
>> > pipeline -- could you expand on what the configuration is here?
>>
>> Thanks for looking at the logs Tom.  I don't really know much about the
>> environment except for these pointers:
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Runners
>> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/
>>
>> Does it setup a server on ::1 properly?  Any outbound connections?  Only
>> http(s) is allowed.
>
> So I *think* the runtime env is a VM using the "Google Container-Optimized
> OS".  The fact that the socket opens successfully but the packet is
> apparently lost is suggestive of some kind of firewalling.  I'll see
> if I can figure anything out from the Google docs.
>
> The tests work OK when run manually and when run as part of the
> package build here, so I think it must be something specific to the
> pipeline VM but I'm not sure what at the moment.
>
> In terms of the test configuration, it basically opens a socket for
> each end of the connection and verifies it can send/receive over those
> sockets.  It's the same test code for each configuration.

This problem happens for others:

Interestingly the failure seems arch-specific:

https://ci.debian.net/packages/g/golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp/

It could still well be that something in salsa and debci VM, and the
#1063746 reporter's machine, that is causing this -- but it seems this
clearly happens often enough, and is causing build failures checking
reverse dependencies of several packages going into experimental, so it
would be nice to fix it.  Do you have any ideas?  Could some test be
disabled or silenced somehow?  I'm ignoring build failures in
golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp meanwhile.

/Simon